Welcome to the Flyers Page
Flight operations at the Brisbane Airshow will involve a myriad of activities including Flight and Static Aircraft Displays, Charter Operations, Joy Flights, Adventure Flights, and General Fly-in Aircraft. So what ever your involvement, if your flying an aircraft into the Brisbane Airshow or Watts Bridge in the lead-up or during the Brisbane Airshow, you’ve landed on the right page !
IF YOUR FLYING IN ….
If your planning to FLY-IN for the 2021 BRISBANE AIRSHOW you’ll need to familiarise yourself with some of the flight operations activities which will happen over the period 2nd to 5th of July 2021. As always, take a good look at the AIP, Weather and NOTAMs for your areas of operation, its important that whilst we have a great time, will all come and go home in one piece.
You’ll find below the AIRCRAFT FLY-IN BRIEF 2021. A downloadable brochure is also available here.
AIRCRAFT FLY-IN BRIEF 2021
AIRCRAFT FLY-IN BRIEF 2021
Pilot are reminded to check NOTAM prior to departure for WATTS Bridge. Aircraft may not arrive or depart within the hours of 0950 to 1600L on SAT 3rd or SUN 4th of July 2021 (the Airshow Display Periods). Display practice will take place on Fri 2nd of July 2021 from 1400 to 1730L.
Arriving aircraft should plan for possible holding when arriving during the practice period on Fri 2nd of July 2021.
All Flying-In aircraft arriving on the Airshow Days must be on the ground by 0950L. Arrival is on WATTS UNICOM (CTAF: 127.3 Mhz). Unicom may nominate landing runways in-use but provides traffic advice only.
WATTS UNICOM will operate from 14:00-16:00L Friday 2nd of July 2021, and 08:00 to 16:00L Sat 3rd and Sun 4th of July 2021.
FREQS USED FOR THE PERIODS OF WATTS UNICOM
DAY or OVERNIGHT AIRCRAFT PARKING
After landing CAUTION crossing parallel runways. When clear of the runways, aircraft MAY be directed to WATTS Ground 127.9Mhz. When practical indicate your intention for the Day Parking Area or for Overnight Parking area. Please follow Ground and Marshalling Instructions to parking.
STATIC DISPLAY AIRCRAFT PARKING
Aircraft which have been accepted for Static Display should also contact WATTS Ground 127.9Mhz for directions to their parking areas. See Fig 2.
DISPLAY AIRCRAFT PARKING
Aircraft which have been accepted for Flight Display will have pre-allocated parking and should also contact WATTS Ground 127.9Mhz for directions to their parking areas. Display Aircraft will be met on arrival to assist with your requirements. See Fig 2.
Ensure your aircraft is secure. Take all items you require with you. You will not be able to access your aircraft during the Display Period.
The PIC must escort all passengers to/ from the Aircraft. Proceed to the Fly-In Gate. Before leaving the Fly-In Gate to Ground-Side ensure you clearly display your “Vehicle Pass” on your Aircraft.
Aircraft departing Sat 3rd or Sun 4th of July 2021 must do so before 0950L or after 1600L. Aircraft may not arrive or depart within the hours of 0950 to 1600L on Sat or Sun. Departing aircraft should contact Ground for Start Information prior to start. Pilot are reminded to consider “last-light” implications at destination. You should over-night if any doubt exists.
IMPORTANT CAMPING NOTES
- No person is allowed on-site without an Identifying Lanyard or wristband.
- Access to aircraft are not allowed during Display Periods.
- Campfires are prohibited.
- Private portable generators are not permitted overnight between the hours of 7.00 pm and 6.00 am.
- Loud and unruly behaviour will not be tolerated. Please respect the privacy of fellow campers.
- AIRCRAFT ENGINES MAY NOT BE STARTED WITHIN THE OVERNIGHT AIRCRAFT CAMP AREA. AIRCRAFT MUST BE TOWED CLEAR FOR START/ DEPARTURE.
WARNING & CAUTIONS
- Drainage ditches flank each Taxiway
- VHF Radio is a Mandatory requirement at Watts Bridge
- Security patrols are in force 24/7 at Watts Bridge for airfield, aircraft and patron safety
- Aircraft Engines may not be started within the overnight aircraft camp area. Aircraft must be towed clear for start/ departure.
- Access is strictly in accordance with the Brisbane Airshow Terms and Conditions